Thursday, November 3, 2011

Party Time

So this Friday I was invited to a "Chand Raat" party from one of my Pakistani friends!! And I am so excited.  Since becoming Muslim I have always struggled with leaving Christmas and this time of year behind.  My family used to do this holiday season UP!!! So when the Eids came around I was surprised to see how uneventful it was.  It has been 7 years now since I've been Muslim and I haven't really had a festive Eid yet!!! I always here about Eid in Egypt and Indonesia being so fun.  I even found Eid in Morocco to be a bit dull.  Of course it is what you make it, but I am always afraid I would make it too Christmassy!! This is definitely  the time to teach our children the significance of Eid but a little extra won't hurt!!! So how do you spend your Eid holiday? and any outfit suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment