Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Question Of The Day

When was the last time you fell in love with.....Yourself?


For me it was last Friday at the Chand Raat. Getting all dolled up reminded me to take a few minutes to pamper myself. Like L'Oreal says I AM WORTH IT!!! Not only that I like how people respond to me.  Its not like I am seeking attention its just a vibe I get.  Its almost like looking good makes other people feel good.  Looking in the mirror last Friday I felt like "HEEEEYY" I know that girl!!! Were you been?!?! It made me take the time all weekend and I felt great!!! This has been the best Eid!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good question. I guess for me, the answer is last week. It's something minor when I think about it, but last week, I made an effort to curl my hair every day. When the weather changes, I usually just throw on a cap or a funky hat and keep it moving, but for some reason I decided to actually DO my hair.

    The response from other people was what made me feel beautiful, so I guess you're right in your assessment that looking good can make other people feel good. Someone actually told me that I was smiling more this week. Maybe it was a subconscious confidence thing I had going on - who knows. When I finally looked at myself in the mirror, I was like "hey, I DO kinda look cute today!" which made me want to look cute again, and again...and again.

    These little moments make a big difference and I have to be mindful to remember that. We can get so caught up in our routines, or in a rut, that we forget how truly beautiful and unique we are. Falling in love with yourself should be something we strive to do regularly, even if only for a few minutes a day...to truly appreciate how special we really are.

    ReplyDelete